The three job opportunities that match the occupation titles that I chose from O*NET website are the following:
- Customer Service Representative will help drive company sales by providing an excellent customer service experience for all.
- Knowledge – delivering expert knowledge in an efficient and timely manner
- Skills – exceptional oral and written communication and listening skills
- Abilities- Generate detailed quotes, process orders, track existing orders and answer client questions about products and services.
- Food Service Manager the service manager is responsible for maintaining a positive customer experience by ensuring safe and quality food is prepared and served.
- Knowledge- have knowledge of food safety and health department matters.
- have knowledge and experience of cash handling policies and procedures
- have the knowledge and ability to speak, write, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location.
- Skills – customer interaction-resolving customer incidents and working to ensure positive customer experience.
- Abilities – managing crew breaks, shift changes, shift meetings and line schedules.
- Assisting with miscellaneous office administration duties such as: banking, cash handling policies and responsibilities.
- Postal Services Clerks
- Knowledge- have knowledge on logging and recording all mail transactions.
- Skills – sort, collate and distribute all incoming mail and courier into bundles for scanning.
- Good verbal, written communication and organization skills.
- Abilities – ensure that high priority incoming and outgoing mail is processed.
- Delivery to agreed drop off points.
The similarities with the 3 occupations is having good communication skills and being able to follow directions and have some experience in the desired position. The differences with the 3 occupations is with the postal service is knowing directions and locations and the proper routes to get to your destinations. My strengths that I have for 2 of the occupations is the knowledge of the food industry and knowing the correct temperatures and about cross contamination. My weakness for the postal service worker is I am not familiar with getting to certain areas.
Professional Competencies are integral to the success of a 21st century professional!
Two resources that I used was Indeed.com and Snagajob.com. Indeed apply allows job seekers to apply to jobs within seconds on desktop and mobile devices. There are millions of jobs on Indeed. Snagajob is a site for those looking for part-time or full-time hourly jobs. Snagajob caters specifically to these types of job listings. The application process is a bit lengthy for some occupations, but can be manageable to get through it and worth your time.