What are the goals of a CRM system?
Why is a CRM system important?
A CRM system is an important technology tool used by various functional level departments throughout an organization. It may also be used at the Corporate level of the organization for decision-making. A CRM system is good for an organization based on the following factors:
- identifying customer needs
- providing products or services that best meet customer needs
- providing improved service across multiple channels
- retaining existing customers who are worth retaining
- identifying profitable customers to provide higher levels of service to them
- attracting new customers who are likely to become profitable
- cross-selling and up-selling products to existing customers to increase revenues
- providing customized, personalized marketing, sales, and services
- providing useful customer data to sales and service employees